Hi. I am Candi from A Day in Candiland and I am excited to be here today with all of Sylvie’s readers. Most of us are really into fall foods right now, and they are some of my favorites. One of my favorite flavors for dessert recipes this time of year is pumpkin desserts. I could eat Pumpkin pie all year long. I made a spin off of it called Pumpkin Cream Cheese Popovers.
They are warm and gooey and taste oh so pumpkiny. They are really simple to make and the cream cheese topping adds just enough sweetness to it.
These would be great for breakfast or for dessert. They would also be a nice treat for a holiday party. They are pretty and can be served out of the oven or even room temperature.
The popovers can be made in under 30 minutes which makes them an easy dessert treat. After I made them, I thought they could even be made a little smaller or cut in half again as you are putting them together to make smaller dessert appetizers for your party. I do have say that one is not enough. They are that good.
- 1 Box Frozen Puff Pastry 2 sheets thawed
- ½ cup of pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 4 oz of cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ½ ts of pumpkin pie spice
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tsp milk
- 3 T powdered sugar
- Place thawed puff pastry on cookie sheet. Use a sharp knife to cut pastry into 4 even squares. Repeat for 2nd sheet.
- Combine pumpkin, cream cheese, sugar and spice in a mixer.
- Place a large spoonful of filling on each pastry square, putting the filling between the center and one corner.
- Brush the edges with water, then fold into a triangle, pressing edges together and seal with a fork.
- Bake on a baking sheet at 400 degrees for 18 mins, until brown.
- Meanwhile, combine the drizzle ingredients in a small bowl. Place in a piping bag or baggie and cut a hole in the tip.
- Drizzle popovers with cream cheese mixture.
I hope you enjoy these pumpkin cream cheese popovers by leaving a comment and pinning. I hope to be back and share more recipes with you.
Try these other recipes:
- Paleo Coconut Chai Breakfast Bars
- Paleo Lemon Coconut Breakfast Bars
- Paleo Pumpkin Poop Recipe
- One Minute Butter Tarts
- Pumpkin Pull Apart Bread