Well, well, well – I have an award to add to my virtual mantel! Sort of. Last week, Ana at It’s Been Delicious nominated me for the Liebster Award. It’s not so much an award but more of a fun initiation for bloggers that gives us a chance to tell the world a bit about ourselves and then invent some questions for the next batch of nominees to do the same.
There are a few rules we’re supposed to follow…
1. Link back to the person that nominated you.
2. You have to answer the 11 questions given to you by the person that nominated you.
3. You must nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers and give them 11 questions of your choice. (I have broken this rule, but if you want to help me be a law-abiding blogger and would like to be nominated, let me know and I’ll add you to my list)
4. You can’t nominate the person who nominated you.
5. You need to let your nominees know that they have been nominated by giving them a link to your own Liebster Award post.
So without further ado, here are my answers to Ana’s questions.
1. What’s your biggest goal related to blogging?
I want more people to read my blog and hopefully find something of value here. I love everything about blogging. There’s been and is still so much to learn, and I thrive on that. So between all the tech stuff, finding the right words for my posts, editing the images, and getting the post to what I want it to be – it’s a lot of work, or more a labor of love. And when people actually get to my site, read it and hopefully enjoy it, it’s just way cool.
2. What does your work/writing space look like?
First off, it’s usually surrounded by food or the remains of some sort of food, like a banana peel or a sticky plate. Or coffee. The coffee is kind of mandatory actually. I work wherever I can since I don’t have a dedicated space. Sometimes I take over the Acadian’s music room. Every guy’s dream right – a chick taking over the man cave. Other times I sit at the kitchen table. My favorite is cozying up with the laptop on the couch, which I only do every once in while if I’m not doing something typing-intensive.
3. What are two most annoying habits you have?
I do this weird thing where I scratch my head, and it pretty much drives people nuts. It’s like a weird, therapeutic type of tick that I’m a little self-conscious about at times. If it wasn’t for other people bugging me, I would probably just scratch my head all day. Plus, it makes me look super smart, like I’m pondering big deep thoughts. My other annoying habit is that although I don’t enjoy cleaning messes, I’m kind of good at making them. My daughter has inherited this trait from me too. But she’s 2, so she gets away with it easier.
4. What’s your favorite sleeping position?
Fetal, baby. Fetal.
5. What’s your happiest memory as a child?
You know, some people say they don’t have any memories of themselves as kids, but I have a ton and they’re pretty much all happy. I remember sitting on this big swing in our yard when I was probably 5 or 6, waiting with my Mom and brother for my Dad to come home from work, and we’d each pick a colour of car to count. I always picked red, which was dumb cause there weren’t a lot of red cars. Or maybe I was just a lazy counter. Who knows. I also have some great memories of bike rides with my Dad, brother, our my friend next door and her dad. We’d stop for ice cream sometimes. It was awesome. Even without the ice cream.
6. When was the last time a particular smell transported you into your past?
I get the smell deja-vu all the time. There’s something about the smell of fall though – the wet leaves and the smoke from people just starting to use their chimneys again. It brings me back to being a kid in school again, and I just get all excited. I really liked school.
7. Mountains or the ocean?
Ocean. It has seashell and rocks. And water or course.
8. What is the one travel destination you’d like to revisit?
Oh my gosh. Pretty much all of them. Some of them, like Mexico, Alaska, Singapore and Germany because I had such a blast there. And then there are others where I feel like I just need a do-over because they were such whirlwind experiences. I used to work in travel marketing and we’d go to all of these cool places for conferences, which was awesome, but I’d rarely get to experience the destination. And Canada’s East Coast. It doesn’t really feel like a travel destination, but more like home since we have family there, and I jump at any chance to go visit.
9. What’s the most embarrassing situation you’ve been in?
At my brother’s wedding, I was asked to read a passage up at the altar. Being the weepy mess that I am at weddings, I was super proud that I was managing to hold the tears back, only my nose didn’t get the memo and to my horror, a stream of snot was slowly starting to make it’s way out of one of my nostrils as I tried to discretely sniffle it back in while standing in front of a microphone that was surely picking up every little sound.
10. What would have to happen right now for you to be happy?
I have to say that I am pretty happy. My life isn’t perfect, but I like it that way. It kind of puts things in perspective. The areas that need work make the good ones really shine. When I am feeling miserable and like everything sucks, usually, I just need some rest, and often some food. I am pretty susceptible to hanger.
11. What’s the kindest/most thoughtful thing you’ve ever done for someone?
Sometimes, the most thoughtful thing you can do for someone is nothing at all. For me, that’s often the hardest thing to do since I’m so keen on helping, but sometimes, you can’t magically fix everything for others. It’s a harsh reality that I still have a hard time completely accepting.
So how was that? Fascinating? If so, then please don’t hesitate to contact People Magazine or GQ on my behalf. Does GQ want Mom Bloggers on the cover? If so, somebody please hook me up!
So now, drum roll please!
Here are my Liebster Award nominations:
Awww, you lucky, lucky people! Here are the questions I would like you to answer:
1. Who was your favorite Smurf? If you don’t know who the Smurfs are, please explain what you think they might be before you try to Google it.
2. If you lived with someone who doesn’t like eggs but still wanted to try and fool them into eating them, how would you do it? (uhm, this is a totally self-serving question, I won’t lie)
3. Is there an accent that you are really good at imitating? If yes, tell us what it is and how it came to be. If not, which accent would you love to adopt for a day?
4. There is no coffee at your house this morning. What happens?
5. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done to your hair?
6. Have you ever had a frightening encounter with an insect?
7. Who was your first celebrity crush?
8. You just won one of those talent competition reality shows. What type of performance did you give?
9. How did you choose your blog’s name?
10. Why do you blog?
11. What did you do when you found out you had been nominated for this award?
So there you have it! Have fun dear nominees, and make sure to come back and leave a link to your post so I can learn all sorts of wonderful things about you! And so I can learn how you might try fool my hubby into eating eggs.This post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Sylvie (see all)
- Coconut Chai Paleo Breakfast Bars - September 7, 2015
- Easy Freezer Recipes: Paleo Lemon Coconut Breakfast Bars - March 26, 2015
- Easy Freezer Recipes: Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Breakfast Bars - November 13, 2014